Types of Volunteers
Assist primarily in the area of education. Also assist zookeepers and with activities listed below.
Assist with landscaping, planting and grounds maintenance.
Assist the maintenance team with repairs and construction as needed.
Assist with special events, office work, and guest relations.
- Be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Like people, especially children, as much as animals
- Be a member of FOTAZ (Friends of the Alexandria Zoo)
- Be willing to donate at least 60 hours of service throughout the year
- Attend applicable training sessions (no make-up sessions are held)
- Pay a $25 registration fee
Adult Volunteer applications for training during 2015 will be accepted through Monday, February 16.Training