Types of Volunteers
Assist primarily in the area of education. Also assist zookeepers and with activities listed below.
Assist with landscaping, planting and grounds maintenance.
Assist the maintenance team with repairs and construction as needed.
Assist with special events, office work, and guest relations.
- Be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Like people, especially children, as much as animals
- Be a member of FOTAZ (Friends of the Alexandria Zoo)
- Be willing to donate at least 60 hours of service throughout the year
- Attend applicable training sessions (no make-up sessions are held)
- Pay a $25 registration fee
All categories of volunteering learn the basics of zoo operation. Docents require additional training sessions.
Alexandria Zoo is now accepting volunteer applications from December 2012 through February 14, 2013.
Download the Adult Volunteer Application